WHAT IS A FRITTATA?
A frittata is an egg dish that pretty closely resembles an open faced omelette – or a quiche minus the crust (yes, crustless quiche is a thing!).
Italian in origin, there’s no limit to the ingredients you can add to a frittata.
Fun fact: the word frittata loosely translates to ‘fried’ in Italian.
Now, while we don’t want to go messing with tradition too much, we’ve got a recipe for a delicious cheesy bacon and potato frittata you can make without resorting to the frying pan.
HOW TO MAKE A FRITTATA IN A RICE COOKER
It’s not often that you think of potato recipes when you think of your rice cooker, right?
Well, we’re here to change all that!
You see, Tiger rice cookers are capable little kitchen appliances that can take on all kinds of cooking challenges, regardless of the ingredients.
In fact, it’s this precisely versatility that makes us fond of calling them multi-cookers.
Anyway, to make this potato frittata recipe in your rice cooker, simply place the ingredients for your frittata in the Tacook cooking plate. Set that on top of the inner pot that has your rinsed rice and water.
When you use the Synchro-Cooking setting, the vapor created from the steaming rice cooks your bacon and potato frittata at the same time!
It’s not quite magic… but it sure tastes like it!
Bacon and Potato Frittata
When the opportunity arises to indulge in an eggy recipe with bacon and potatoes, most people jump at it.
And that includes us!
Therefore, pretty much anytime we need a delicious and easy brunch idea, we almost automatically default to this bacon and potato frittata recipe!
You see, with the savory and smoky notes from the bacon – and the creaminess from a good cheese like gruyere, it absolutely nails the perfect balance of flavors and textures we’re always looking for.
Here’s hoping that this potato, bacon and egg frittata will fill out your brunch recipe roster in the weekends to come!
- Cut potatoes into thin strips and soak in water.
- Cut the bacon into thin strips.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and then add the drained potatoes, bacon strips, milk, cheese, salt and pepper to mix.
- Pour mixture into the tacook cooking plate
- Put the washed rice and water in the inner pot and place in the rice cooker.
- Set the cooking plate in the inner pot. Select the [Synchro-Cooking] menu and press the [Start] key.
- When cooking is complete, place the dish on a serving plate. Serve with finely chopped parsley and tomato ketchup.
Ingredients below are for a 5.5-cup cooker.
- 2 cups (supplied measuring cup) of white rice
- 2 Eggs (medium size)
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Bacon slice
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp Milk
- A dash Salt
- Black pepper for flavor
- Parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- Tomato ketchup for flavor