Make this hearty, easy lentil and sausage stew anytime you need a filling and savory dose of comfort food. It’s so simple to whip up in your rice cooker!
Preparation 10 minutes
Cooking 75 minutes
Ingredients below are for a 5.5-cup cooker.
- 3 ½ cups water
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 sausage link (75g) or beyond sausage link (vegan)
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Add water, celery, onion, sausage, lentils, bay leaf, thyme, and salt in the rice cooker inner pot and stir.
- Close the lid and choose the [Slow Cook] function. Set the timer to 45 minutes and press start.
- When the cooking is done, divide the soup among bowls and top with fresh parsley. Serve.
AN EASY SLOW COOKER STEW RECIPE, LOADED WITH LENTILS AND SAUSAGE
When it comes to cooking at home, we’d argue that lentils are one of the best ingredients out there.
But what happens when you add sausage to the mix? Um, we don’t have to tell you that lentil and sausage stew is pure magic. It’s one of those things you can taste just thinking about it, right?!
Celery and onion make the perfect aromatics – and are deftly complemented by the addition of thyme, tomato paste and a bay leaf.
Now, you can make this with your favorite beef or pork sausage – or make a vegan stew with a plant based sausage alternative (for example Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausage).
But no matter what you decide on for your protein, you’re going to love how easy it is to make this lentil and sausage stew recipe in your rice cooker!
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE STEW WITH LENTILS IN A RICE COOKER
To start, simply load all of your stew ingredients (EXCEPT for the fresh parsley) into the inner pot of your Tiger multifunctional rice cooker.
Stir until well mixed, close the lid and select the Slow Cook function for 45 minutes. Once you press the Start button your work is pretty much done!
When the timer sounds off, ladle the hearty mix into serving bowls and top with chopped flat leaf parsley. Trust us… dinner is going to be delicious tonight!
Check out these other hearty, comforting and easy stew recipes you can make in your rice cooker: