WHAT IS TOFU?
Tofu is made from soy milk. Created in a process somewhat similar to cheesemaking, the soy milk is curdled – and those curds are pressed into blocks… Therefore it’s no surprise that tofu is also called bean curd.
It’s the perfect blank slate for many recipes because the flavors you use while cooking dictate what the tofu will end up tasting like in the long run.
We’re using firm tofu in this ginger tofu recipe with peppers – but bean curd comes in all types of textures, from silken to extra-firm.
A SIMPLE TOFU RECIPE THAT TASTES ANYTHING BUT SIMPLE
There’s a savory base of flavor from chicken broth, soy sauce and oyster sauce – which is contrasted by the clean, bright and fiery piquancy of fresh ginger.
Think of this ginger tofu with peppers as a delicious tofu stir fry or a veggie stir fry recipe – without the actual stir frying! It’s so easy to whip up in your rice cooker, you won’t have to break out the pans.
HOW TO MAKE GINGER TOFU IN A RICE COOKER
We’ve got step-by-step instructions in the recipe tab on this page – but rest assured, you can make everything for this recipe with an absolute minimum of effort!
You see, it’s a breeze to make rice and a completely composed dish at the same time in your Tiger multifunctional rice cooker.
Aside from Tiger’s Automatic Cooking Logic™ – the real star of the show is the Tacook cooking plate that you can load up with the ingredients of your choice. While your rice cooks to fluffy perfection in the inner pot, the vapor from the rice steams the food in the upper tray.
This all-in-one cooking method is a real time saver at dinnertime. And there’s nothing easier than cooking with the press of a button!
Check out these other delicious all-in-one meals you can make in your rice cooker:
- Oyakodon – Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl
- Steamed Garlic Salmon With Dill and Garden Vegetables
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Italian Beef Bowl
- Garlic Shrimp With Herbed Rice
Ginger Tofu and Peppers
Make this fragrant, savory and bright ginger tofu with peppers recipe in a flash in your rice cooker!
- Place tofu, bell pepper, and onion in the tacook cooking plate and place on top of the rice.
- Close the lid, choose the [Synchro-Cooking] setting and press Start.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- When the food is cooked, pour the sauce over the vegetables and tofu and close the lid. Leave for 5 minutes to warm up the sauce.
- Serve with rice.
Ingredients below are for a 5.5-cup cooker. Double the ingredients for a 10-cup cooker.
- ½ Red or green bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely sliced into sticks
- ½ Small onion, thinly sliced into half moon
- 5oz Firm tofu, sliced into squares
- 1 tbsp ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 Small garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste