TWO EASY FRUIT SMOOTHIE RECIPES
The secret to how to make a smoothie isn’t much of a secret at all 🙂 Seriously, just blend up your choice of fruit, vegetables, juice, milk (or dairy free alternative) – and maybe some ice. The smoother the better. That’s it!
In fact, the secret to a yummy low calorie smoothie recipe isn’t so much how to make it, as it is what to mix together for the best results.
Here are a couple of our favorites:
- Honey Mango Smoothie: This fruity, creamy treat gets a boost of natural sweetness from honey. Plus the mix of tropical sweet/tartness from mango is out of this world. Use frozen mango for a smoothie that comes out of the blender ice-cold.
- Vegan Mixed Berry Smoothie: While the focus is on the berries, we’d be remiss if we didn’t include one form or another of the banana smoothie! Bananas deliver a sweet creaminess to this vegan smoothie – while soy milk (or almond milk) keeps it dairy free. Again, use frozen berries for a cold, tart boost of vitamins.
HOW TO KEEP A SMOOTHIE COLD
While making a cold smoothie is a simple task, keeping it cold can seem like another matter altogether. Most of the time that meant drinking it as soon as possible (and maybe getting brain freeze in the process, ha!). Unfortunately, that same logic might have applied to taking it to work or school for a healthy lunch or mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
But, in reality, keeping that berry smoothie cold is as simple as putting it in an insulated food jar!
You see, the same vacuum insulated construction that keeps your soup hot all day also does wonders for keeping a smoothie cold until you’re ready to drink it.
So, drinking that mango smoothie at 3pm – that you actually made this morning at 9am – is no problem at all.
Oh yeah! We love technology. And fruit 🙂 We love fruit too!
Honey Mango Smoothie + Mixed Berry Smoothies
A smoothie a day…
While that isn’t quite how the folk-wisdom goes, you KNOW eating fruits and veggies is super good for what ails ‘ya.
Well, we’ve got a couple of smoothie recipes that you’re just going to love! And, whether you drink them first thing in the morning – or take them to work or school for a boost of vitamins later in your day, they’re just the type of sweet treats both your tastebuds and the rest of your body can totally agree on!
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Once complete, place in Tiger insulated food jar to take in on the go.
Honey Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mangos
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup milk
Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 small banana
- 1/3 cup of soy milk