Mochi made from Tiger’s SMJ-B18U.
Kurumi (Walnut) Mochi くるみ餅
- Wash the mochi rice and soak in water (separate from steaming water) for at least for 6 hours. Strain the rice for about 30 minutes.
- Insert the water (for steaming) in the water reservoir. Mount the inner container and turn clockwise to set in the mochi make. Mount the impeller to the motor shaft and turn until it stops.
- Place the rice and then the soy beans on top in the inner container and lightly level the rice by hand. Place the lid on top, making sure to not press down the rice. Connect the power pug and push “STEAM” button to start the steaming.
- Roast the walnuts and then chop once cooled.
- The buzzer will ring when completed to show that the steam has ended. Press the “OFF” button to turn off the machine. Remove the lid and check if rice is soft.
- Leave the lid off and push the “POUND” button to start pounding the mochi. Sprinkle some salt and insert the chopped walnuts once the rice has started to become sticky.
- Push the “OFF” button after 10 minutes. Use mitten gloves to hold the upper rim of the inner container and remove the container from the body by turning counterclockwise (LOOSEN arrow). Take caution as the inner container is hot.
- Flip the container over on the cover to take out the mochi. If the impeller comes off with the mochi, remove it with caution.
- 8 cups (supplied measuring cup) Mochi rice
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.7 cup water (for steaming)