Let the brightness of this hearty Mediterranean rice bowl transport you (in spirit) to the Greek Isles. It’s easy to make at home and is beyond delicious!
- 1 ½ cup short grain brown rice
- Enough water to reach the 1 ½ cup level for brown rice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- ¼ cup Hummus
- 1 cup Shredded lettuce
- ⅓ cup Tomato, chopped
- ⅓ cup Cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ cup Crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Kalamata olives (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the ingredients for the rice in the inner pot and stir. Choose the [BROWN] function and press start.
- Once complete, serve in a bowl and add the toppings.
RICE BOWLS: THE BEST ALL-IN-ONE MEAL
We’ve got a soft spot in our hearts for any meal that captures the essence of a place in a bowl. And that goes double when it’s easy to whip up at home without a ton of fuss.
This rice bowl is an all-in-one meal that features a bed of lightly flavored brown rice piled high with fixings you might find at a sunny farmer’s market in Corfu.
Creamy hummus, bright tomato, crunchy cucumber and savory feta cheese mix perfectly with sprouts, Kalamata olives and flat leaf parsley. And a light, simple vinaigrette of olive oil and red wine vinegar contribute flavor without taking away from the clean perfection of the dish as a whole.
And you’re going to love how easy it is to make from scratch!
HOW TO MAKE A RICE BOWL
The only real cooking steps you’ll need to follow for this yummy and bright rice bowl is making the rice. Think of it as almost a rice pilaf. We’re not reinventing the wheel, just adding a touch of flavor to our brown rice.
Simply add your rinsed brown rice and water – along with a bit of salt, olive oil and oregano. Select the Brown Rice setting on your Tiger multifunctional rice cooker and press the Start button. That’s it for the cooking!
Once your rice is ready, then load it up with all your other toppings. We’ve listed our Mediterranean inspired favorites in the ingredients section of the recipe tab on this page. But feel free to go wild with your own choices. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to making rice bowls.
One thing we’re sure of though… You’re going to love it!
And check out these other delicious and easy rice bowl recipes:
- Oyakodon – Japanese Chicken + Egg bowl
- Gyudon – Japanese Beef Bowl
- Shrimp, Potato and Zucchini Ankake Donburi
- Chicken With Rice and Vegetables
- Chinese Rice Bowl
- Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi Rice Bowl)