Get ready to sink your teeth into a hearty and soulful mushroom stroganoff! Whether you serve this rich, creamy stroganoff recipe over noodles or rice, it’ll be a hit!
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 90 minutes
Ingredients below are for a 5.5-cup cooker.
- 350g white button mushrooms, halved, or quartered if it’s a big mushroom
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup heavy cream (omit for vegan recipe)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped, (optional)
- Egg noodles or rice, to serve
- Place the mushrooms, garlic, onion, vegetable stock, butter, Dijon mustard, and smoked paprika in the rice cooker inner pot and stir well.
- Close the lid and select the [Slow Cook] function. Set the timer for 80 minutes and press start.
- When the cooking is done, open the lid and slowly add the flour while stirring.
- Stir in the cream and close the lid. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice, topped with fresh parsley.
AN EASY MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE WITH BIG TIME FLAVOR
Comfort food is one of those rare things in life that manages to both taste amazing – and provide a link to the shared experience of enjoyment – even if it isn’t food we grew up eating as kids.
Today, let’s ratchet the comfort food meter all the way to 11 with a creamy and hearty mushroom stroganoff you can easily make in your rice cooker.
We’ve changed things up a bit here. Mushrooms provide an umami rich base of flavor for this Russian comfort food classic that render the protein you’d use in a more traditional beef stroganoff superfluous. Yep – button mushrooms do the heavy lifting as far as the flavor is concerned, and the entire dish is infused with a heartiness not found in many vegetarian recipes.
The mixture of veggie stock, onions, garlic and dijon mustard play so well with the smoldering notes of smoked paprika.
And there are so many options to personalize this recipe.
Want to make a vegan stroganoff? Simply use vegan butter – and jettison the cream.
Love to try this recipe, but not a fan of stroganoff noodles? No problem. Simply serve this over rice instead. It’s your kitchen – and your world. Make it yours!
No matter what you choose to use in this mushroom stroganoff though, we think you’ll love how easy it is to make in your rice cooker.
HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM STROGANOFF IN A RICE COOKER
Simply add all the ingredients for your stroganoff sauce recipe (EXCEPT the flour and chopped parsley) into the inner pot of your Tiger multifunctional rice cooker. (See the ingredients and instructions tabs on this page for exact amounts).
Select the Slow Cook setting for 80 minutes and press the start button. And that’s about it!
When the timer sounds off, open the lid and slowly add your flour while stirring continuously.
Serve over egg noodles (or rice if you prefer) and top with freshly chopped parsley. Dee-lish!
Check out these other delicious, comforting and easy slow cooker recipes you can make in your rice cooker: