It’s all about al dente pasta and simple, clean ingredients in this vegetarian penne primavera recipe. C’mon everyone… noi mangiamo!
- 250g Penne
- 450ml Water
- 1 Small red onion, sliced into half moons
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 oz Frozen vegetable mix
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Flat leaf parsley
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Put the penne, water, red onion, cherry tomatoes, frozen vegetable mix, olive oil, and dried oregano, in the rice cooker inner pot and mix well.
- Close the lid and select the [Slow Cook] function. Set the timer to 25 minutes and press start.
- When the cooking is done, open the lid and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve topped with flat leaf parsley and freshly grated parmesan.
A GARDEN FRESH PENNE PRIMAVERA
Savory, herbaceous, bright and tangy…
We love it when a mixture of basic ingredients turns out tasting better than the sum of its parts. It’s delicious alchemy that we’ll never get tired of.
And this pasta primavera is one such recipe where tossing a few unassuming ingredients together ends with glorious forkfuls of magnificent food.
At its core this veggie pasta is just that… a vegetarian pasta dish. But the deep flavors tell another tale.
Cherry tomatoes have a bright, sunny flavor that melds so nicely with the brightness of lemon juice and garden fresh flat leaf parsley. Parmesan cheese delivers both a creamy element, and loads of umami to the dish.
Oregano always smells and tastes like a trip through the garden. And speaking of gardens – here’s where you get to make some delicious decisions. Chop your favorite veggies for this penne primavera. Or keep it super easy at dinnertime and use a frozen vegetable mix. It’ll be less of a hassle when doing your kitchen prep, and will taste just as fresh!
One word on the olive oil. It doesn’t have to be the most expensive bottle in the grocery store – but make sure to use some of the good stuff. Extra virgin olive oil is a must.
And this veggie pasta is super easy to make in your rice cooker!
HOW TO MAKE PENNE PRIMAVERA IN A RICE COOKER
Simply add all your ingredients (EXCEPT the flat leaf parsley and Parmesan cheese) into the inner pot of your Tiger multifunctional rice cooker.
Select the Slow Cook function for 25 minutes and press the Start button. And that’s pretty much it. Check the ingredients and directions tabs on this page for step-by-step instructions.
But here’s one thing you won’t need instructions for… When it comes to eating this wonderful pasta primavera, everyone will do just fine on their own!
Check out these other delicious and easy pasta recipes you can make in your rice cooker:
- Peperoncino Spaghetti
- Spaghetti With Tomato Sauce
- Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti
- Spinach and Tomato Spaghetti