Let’s make peperoncino spaghetti! This Italian classic is simple to prepare and insanely flavorful. Your new go-to recipe on pasta night!
Preparation 10 minutes
Cooking 20 minutes
Ingredients below are for a 5.5-cup cooker. Double the ingredients for a 10-cup cooker.
- 250g Spaghetti
- 450ml Water
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Dried red chili peppers
- ¼ cup Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using the inner bowl, add spaghetti, water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and chili peppers, and stir.
- Close the lid and choose the [Slow Cook] function. Set the timer to 20 minutes and press Start.
- When the cooking is done, transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and toss with the remaining two tablespoons olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
WHAT IS PEPERONCINO SPAGHETTI?
Peperoncino spaghetti is a simple Italian pasta recipe made with olive oil, garlic and dried red chili peppers.
Called pasta aglio, olio e peperoncino in Italian, this spaghetti recipe manages to wrangle a ton of flavor from a very humble group of ingredients.
Now, we recommend using good olive oil for this chili and garlic spaghetti recipe. First press extra virgin olive oil should be the bottle you grab when cooking. Trust us, you’ll taste the difference.
Thinly sliced garlic releases its essence during the cooking process – and plays nicely with the chopped flat leaf parsley you’ll finish the dish with.
Dried red chili peppers add zing and a little heat without overwhelming the dish with fire. And we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention that this spaghetti aglio olio is taken to next-level deliciousness with a bit of freshly grated Parmesan cheese on the top of the plate just prior to serving. Ottimo!
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI AGLIO, OLIO E PEPERONCINO IN A RICE COOKER
Add all your ingredients (EXCEPT the flat leaf parsley – and 2 tablespoons of your olive oil) to the inner pot of your Tiger multifunctional rice cooker.
Use the Slow Cook setting for 20 minutes. Once the timer sounds off, toss with the remaining olive oil, a little salt + pepper and the chopped parsley.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan. You and your family are going to LOVE it!
Pro tip: Use regular spaghetti when making this rice cooker recipe. It’ll turn out al dente. Thin spaghetti and angel hair pasta may overcook.
Now, we know when making al dente peperoncino pasta, your first thought miiight not be using your Japanese rice cooker. But we’re here to change all that!
Check out these other delicious rice cooker pasta recipes: