Are you ready for a healthy quinoa chicken salad that is absolutely loaded with flavor? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Bonus: you can totally make this easy quinoa recipe in your rice cooker!
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- ½ teapoonSalt
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups Spinach
- ¼ cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain.
- Place quinoa, water and salt in the rice cooker. Stir and select [Quick] menu. Press [Start].
- When complete, transfer the quinoa in a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken in bite size pieces and sauté on stove top.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a container with a lid and seal. Shake until liquid has emulsified.
- Place cooled quinoa and chicken on top of spinach and pour dressing to serve.
A HEALTHY QUINOA SALAD RECIPE WITH HEARTY CHICKEN
If most salads aren’t quite ‘substantial’ enough to satisfy your hunger, we’ve got you covered! Pan sauteed skinless, boneless chicken breast sits atop a mixture of fresh spinach and hearty quinoa – and is topped with a delicious lemon and mustard vinaigrette.
It not only tastes amazing, it’s a guilt free and healthy meal that you will crave again and again after you try it the first time!
And this quinoa chicken salad recipe gets both a substantive and healthy boost from the most underrated ingredient of all: quinoa!
WHAT IS QUINOA?
Quinoa is an edible seed that is loaded with stuff your body needs. Oftentimes classified a superfood, quinoa is extremely rich in dietary fiber, protein, B vitamins and manganese (among other goodies).
With a nutty, toasted flavor, cooked quinoa is a fantastic and filling addition to this salad – and you won’t believe how easy it is to make in a rice cooker!
HOW TO COOK QUINOA IN A RICE COOKER
Now, when it comes to whipping up a batch of quinoa, your rice cooker may not be the first kitchen appliance that comes to mind. Well… we’re here to change all that!
You see, your Tiger multi-functional rice cooker is packed with cooking presets that can handle everything from the perfect rice you would expect from a rice cooker – all the way to cakes, frittatas, hearty slow cooker stews and braised meats. Hey, we call them multicookers for a reason!
When cooking quinoa in a rice cooker, the golden ratio to keep in mind is 2:1. That’s two parts water to one part dry quinoa. Then you’ll select the Quick cooking preset and press the Start button. And that’s it. Easy, right!? Watch our video on how to make quinoa in a rice cooker on this page (and check out another delicious and healthy quinoa recipe in the process).
We hope you’ll love this hearty and healthy salad as much as we do!