A DELICIOUS PORK SPARE RIBS RECIPE
There’s just something so satisfying about digging into a savory pork and rice recipe. Well, this Chinese influenced spare ribs recipe has a garlicky intensity that is bolstered by the deep saltiness of fermented black soybeans.
And that’s not all from a flavor perspective.
You see, the spare ribs are bathed in a marinade consisting of savory soy sauce, nutty sesame oil and the vinegary tartness of shaoxing wine (Btw… if you have a tough time finding shaoxing wine, it’s ok to use dry sherry).
The result is a flavor forward pork and rice bowl that is super easy to make, but doesn’t cut any corners in the flavor department.
HOW TO COOK SPARE RIBS IN A RICE COOKER
By now it’s no secret that we love a good rice bowl. And whether it’s this Japanese gyudon recipe – or this Vietnamese beef bowl, your Tiger rice cooker is equipped to make all elements of a yummy rice bowl with a single press of the Start button.
And that’s due in large part to Tiger’s tacook cooking plate.
Because when you use the Synchro-Cooking setting, the vapor created by steaming your rice in the inner pot cooks your meat and vegetables in the cooking plate above.
Therefore, to make this delicious garlic spare ribs recipe just place your sliced pork, garlic, fermented black soybeans and sauce in your multicooker’s tacook tray and cook at the same time as your rice.
You get the advantage of feasting on a full flavor dinner while feeling like you skipped a few cooking steps along the way.
And since you used your multi-functional rice cooker to make dinner, whoever gets stuck on cleanup duty will feel like they got a free pass, ha!
But the best part: dinner will taste soooo good 🍲😋
Garlic Spare Ribs With Black Bean Sauce
Your family is going to love this Chinese influenced garlic spare ribs with savory black bean sauce. And you’re going to love how easy it is to whip up at home!
- Cut the pork belly into bite-sized pieces and soak in the condiments. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Slice the garlic thinly.
- Place the soaked pork belly on the tacook cooking plate and then add the garlic and fermented black soy beans on top.
- Put the washed rice and water in the inner pot and place it in the rice cooker.
- Set the cooking plate in the inner pot. Select the [Synchro-Cooking] menu and press the [Start] key.
- When cooking is complete, place the cooked rice in a serving bowl and top it with pork and fermented beans.
- Top the dish with round sliced red chili pepper.
Ingredients below are for a 5.5-cup cooker.
- ½ lbs Pork belly
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp Fermented black soy beans
- ¾ tbsp Corn starch
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ tsp Sugar
- White pepper for flavor
- Red chili pepper for garnish