AN EASY, HEALTHY SLOW COOKER RECIPE
This vegetarian lasagna recipe was developed with the busy mom in mind. We know how tough it can be to balance a busy workday, while also making sure dinner is equal parts delicious and healthy.
If you have 10 minutes for kitchen prep, your Tiger multi cooker will take care of the rest. Just press the start key!
And, you won’t miss the meat. This veggie loaded pasta dish is super hearty – and is one of our all time favorite vegetarian slow cooker recipes.
We hope you love it as well!
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER LASAGNA
If you’ve got leftover tomato sauce, this is the perfect time to use it up! Otherwise, grab a 24-oz jar from the grocery store – and mix with a few extra spices like pepper ﬂakes, thyme and garlic powder to really dial-up the Italian goodness.
Then simply layer your ingredients into the inner pot of your multi cooker. You’ll find the specific instructions and quantities under the directions tab.
Once you have a total of three layers, you’re pretty much good to go. Don’t forget to top the layers off with the remainder of your sauce and cheese!
Use the slow cook setting for 90 minutes – and dinner is served.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Lasagna
Lasagna is just the best!
Bringing a forkful of ooey gooey, super cheesy lasagna from plate to mouth makes us a little weak in the knees. Seriously, it’s about as good as anything has the right to be at dinnertime!
But when the summer temperatures push triple digits, the last thing you want to do is fire up the oven – even if it is for lasagna night with the family.
So we set out to create a healthier vegetable lasagna that keeps the calorie count on the lower side – and won’t heat up your kitchen in the process.
Multi cooker to the rescue 🙂
Ready, set, let’s eat!
Rice Cooker Setting: Slow Cook
- Pour tomato sauce into a bowl and mix with crushed pepper ﬂakes, thyme, garlic powder and salt.
- Spread 1/3 cup tomato sauce at the bottom of the inner pot of the rice cooker.
- Break the lasagna noodles into big pieces and place on top of the tomato sauce. The pieces should cover most of the circumference of the pot.
- Top with 1/3 cup ricotta, a third of the spinach, a third of shredded carrot and a third of zucchini slices.
- Top with 1/3 cup tomato sauce, 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add more noodles and repeat the same steps two more times for a total of 3 layers.
- Top with noodles, a little tomato sauce and what’s left of the cheese.
- Place inner pot in the rice cooker. Select the [Slow Cook] menu and set for 90 minutes. Press the [Start] key.
- Once cooking is complete, serve on a plate.
- 1 24-ounce jar tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed pepper ﬂakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6-8 lasagna noodles – preferably wavy
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 2 cups spinach (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (shredded)
- 1 zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 ¼ cup shredded mozzarella