This is a rustic white bean and ham soup that’s hearty and packed with savory flavors your whole family will enjoy. Use the Slow Cook function to make this easy recipe!
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 70 minutes
Ingredients below are for a 5.5-cup cooker.
- 2 15-ounce can navy beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ pound ham, chopped or shredded (if you are using ham hock)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Put all the ingredients in the rice cooker inner pot and stir.
- Choose the [Slow Cook] function, close the lid, and set the timer to 70 minutes. Press start.
- Serve with bread.
As soon as the temperatures begin to dip we crave something a little more substantial to warm our bodies. This white bean and ham soup is the perfect fall/winter meal to serve as an appetizer or a main (with a lovely buttered baguette on the side) to comfort the ones you love. Only seven ingredients are needed to make this delicious soup in your rice cooker!
How to Make White Bean and Ham Soup
- Cut the vegetables and ham into bite size pieces and add them to the rice cooker.
- Drain the beans and add them to the rice cooker along with the remaining ingredients.
- Select the Slow Cook function and set the timer to 70 minutes. Press start.
- Serve with a warm baguette and some fresh butter. Delicious!
- Make it vegan by swapping the ham for smoked tofu or firm tofu, and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Make it more filling by topping the soup with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Give the soup an Asian flair by adding 2-3 baby boy choy bulbs, chopped, and stirring in 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil.
How to Store White Bean and Ham Soup
Let the soup cool to room temperature and transfer it to an airtight storage container. Refrigerate for up to a week.
Other Comforting Fall/Winter Recipes You Might Like: